Fairlie Community Council Minutes 07.11.2016
- Present: Rita Holmes, Karla Tully, Ian Hunter, Marco Priva, David Telford, Joan Downie, Callum Corral (press), Alan Hill (NAC Councillor), PC Simon Windsor, PC Thomas Arthur (Community Policing team) and 6 members of the public.
- Apologies: Kenneth Gibson (MSP), Alec Gallagher and Grace McClean (NAC Councillors), PC Dominic Murphy.
- Elections of new FCC members
5 nominations received and accepted by NAC: Rita Holmes, Marco Priva, Ian Hunter, David Telford, Karla Tully.
1 co-opt nomination for Joan Downie. Proposed RH, Seconded KT.
7th place – nominations and volunteers invited.
Chairperson: Rita Holmes. Proposed by K., Seconded by JD.
Secretary: Karla Tully. Proposed by RH. Seconded by DT
Treasurer: Ian Hunt. Proposed by DT. Seconded by MP.
All members accepted and signed declaration of office forms. KT to send to NAC.
- Previous minutes proposed by RH. Seconded IH.
- Police update
PC SW. 33 incidents in October 2016 in Fairlie (27 last year). Majority of incidents related to A78 traffic congestion and issues caused by road works. 1 medical related incident resulting in hospitalisation. 2 reported crimes; theft of a van (no keys), Pier Road , vandalism of house lock with super glue.
FCC issues raised:
Fairlie Face Book page: Double parking on A78 pavements by lay-bys causing risk to buggy and wheelchair users.
Increased incidents of parking on double yellow lines in The Causeway: This has actually stopped the traffic lights sensors working on occasions. Police committed to monitor theses issues.
Traffic Lights: Police still not heard from Transport Scotland re: statistics or possibility of converting to enforcement cameras.
- NAC Councillors’ Update
AH to include in topic discussions.
- Dawn Homes
KT arranged site visit for 18/11/2016 and will update website with outcome.
Topics: SUDS pond safety, A78 access and egress, temporary school path route, preservation of Ladies’ Walk, pedestrian access to Glen Road and railway station.
Dawn Homes are holding an Exhibition on 28th November, 12.30 to 19.30 in the Village Hall regarding the next phase of construction of up to 100 houses All interested residents are encouraged to attend.
Outstanding action: AH to look at what NAC will be responsible for once houses built.
AG to update FCC on any community funds that should be made available.
New Action: (KT).William Cameron of Dawn Homes to attend FCC 9th January 2017.
- National Off-shore test site- Test turbines
SSE invited FCC representatives to meeting on 8/11/2016. RH and KT to attend. Continued concerns regarding low frequency noise emissions, extended planning application which could result in new turbines or site development without impacted communities have prior sight of use. Whilst FCC members and some residents remain concerned and have evidence that other countries see wind turbines close to populations as a potential health risk, NHS Health Board have sent FCC Chair a letter stating they are unaware of any health risks, but will continue to monitor.
SSE are monitoring for low level noise in a local home and will make results available to FCC.
Outstanding Action: RH to request noise data from NAC and SSE.
SSE representative to attend FCC in December. Local residents welcome.
9) Hunterston SSG Update (Chair)
Next SSG Meeting 1st December 2016, 13.00 at Lauriston Hotel, Ardrossan. Open to the public.
- Can safety rods for emergency shut-down be tested?
- How is the de scion to shut down made, and what safety over rides are there?
- What will lead to the frequency of core brick cracking inspections to increase?
- Can Hunterston attend FCC in February or March 2017?
10) Clyde Port
RH raised concerns that NAC not taking 10 recent noise complaints seriously.
Cable transfer operation suspended until January. Boat due on December cancelled.
KG still not heard re: request for a FCC represent community at January 2017’s Fatal Accident Inquiry.
KT stated bot Caroline Briggs (Road Safety) and KT chasing Transport Scotland and not returned. KT to raise as compliant.
12) Coastal Path
John Riddel updated meeting. NAC have applied for funding from Ayrshire Leader group. Community Trust have planning consent and Land Owner’s permission for Bay Street to Round House section, and have been shown details engineering plans as per last consultation.
13) Local Development Plan
NAC budget has been approved. Consultation will start expected soon.
FCC and residents’ specific interest in protecting and improving local amenities, such as play areas, open spaces, pedestrian and cycle routes.
- Smell by Hunterston roundabout. Some complaints by local residents. This is believed to be fertilisers used on land above.
- Fairlie Community Fireworks. AH stated best ever, and that highest numbers. Thanks to all who volunteered.
- Morrisons Community Project. JD asked for donations of small presents and names for people who will be spending Christmas alone. Already. linked with Health providers.
- Remembrance Day Wreath: To be laid by IH on behalf of FCC and Community.
Next meeting: 5th December 2016, 7.30 pm in Semple Centre.