Hunterston Marine PARC is a proposal by Peelports to develop the area into an oil rig and marine asset decommissioning and scrap yard.
Fairlie Community Council support the creation of jobs and a new vision for Peelports Hunterston but not at any cost to the environment.
- Climate Emergency – What Climate Emergency? The Peel Ports / Valaris Drill Ships Scandal
- The Need for a Full In Depth Independent Investigation of Two Deep-Water Drill Ships out of control at Peel Ports Hunterston Jetty on Tuesday 2nd February 2021
- Letter to Peelports from Fairlie Community Council
- FCC meeting with Peelports 4th Dec 2018
- Peel Ports meeting with FCC on the 12th July 2018
- Marine Scotland Pre-consultation Event – 8th August 2018
- Comment on Peelports Pre-Consultation for Jetty Construction by 8th March 2018
- 17/01273/PP – Environmental Information
- 16/00268/PP Fairlie CC Response
- No need for an Environmental Impact Assessment for construction on SSSI and critical habitat says Marine Scotland
More information about Peelports proposals can be found on the local pressure group Friends of the Firth of Clyde website.